Donation Support Button

Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Last Train To Berlin




(Ever so often I have to share to the world one of the most influential songs/videos of my early life...

In poetry form!)





The Last Train To Berlin



I am now a life hungry 23 years old!
Fresh out of college!
Green as a fresh sapling!
Afraid of what women will do to me if they get their hands on me!

One late night, I heard this song.
I just discovered Berlin.
I just discovered my lust for Terri Nunn!
I just discovered that if I was going to grow as a man...
I needed to go to the place where this music was born.

In this place resided the misfits.
In this place resided the queers.
In this place resided the mixing of colored skin.
In this place resided women who did not fear... SEX!
In this place resided women who wanted what was right!

Choices were made during those long nights.
Most of them were very right!
And some of them were very, very wrong!
Several one night stands... should have been life time bands!
The darkness surround a song can make the light too bright!
I ignored that light too many times.

But, eventually you change.
Eventually, you conform.
Eventually, you become a part of the mainstream.
And then you must rely on memories of the past.
Memories of the past... to help you remember...
Why you are alive today to remember the past.
To remember... the good goddamn times!

RLJ

1 comment: